Friday 11 November 2011

Again


My pupils almost totally enlarged together with the smoky iris, 
by now restricted in a cerulean fiber, were perpetually 
absorbing the looming darkness of the room, endless; while 
my body stood still and, even if I tried to get rid of  
suffocating sheet, I couldn’t control it.
I, standing, let the darkness take and take up in me 
because subconscious and suppressed conscience was aware 
even if I were able to stand up and to untie 
the delicate chains of immobility, even than it would have been useless: 
the night would have subjugated me in the same way, 
making me a mass of ureal matter.
Then I felt impalpable shadows penetrating me and raping me, 
pushing inexorably the remaining of my cognition away 
and abandoning me, cold, in a hellish bedlam of ephemeral 
and impetuous senses, while the essence poured out of me and 
I perceived it as it was: warm, of a purplish red, velvety.
Worn by that oblivion without way out, I look again toward you, 
even if you closed me out one more time, wet by soft drops 
of  salty rain awaitng of what doesn’t exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment